COVID 19 UPDATEFROM 1st SEPTEMBER 2021
In line with the removal of restrictions of numbers attending events and conditions numbers we are reverting numbers attending to the original terms and condition numbers which comply with our fire regulations and council licence to hire.
Exceptions: No more than three people in the toilets or kitchen at any one time. We ask that masks are still worn when entering the building and whilst using the kitchen. We also will continue to keep the hand sanitisers in place for hirers use. We suggest that when leaving the main hall and when in the entrance and corridor masks are worn.
If the Hirer is in any doubt as to the meaning of the following, the ARCA Secretary should be consulted immediately.
- For the purposes of these Conditions, the term ARCA shall mean the Management Committee of the Ashford Road Community Association
- For the purposes of these Conditions, the term The Hirer shall mean an individual hirer or, where the hirer is an organisation, the authorised representative
- Special Conditions of Hire to comply with the Premises Licence issued under the Local Government (Licencing) Act 2003
Hours of opening:
The premises shall not be used for public entertainment except between the hours of 9 a.m. and 11.30 p.m. unless special permission has been issued by the Canterbury City Council and by the ARCA Management Committee.
The number of people on the premises shall not exceed, for dancing, or seated, the number stated below. The maximum number of persons allowed in each room of the hall are:
- Main hall – closely seated: 150
- Main hall – seated at tables: 110
- Main hall – for dancing: 110
- Small room: 30
PLEASE SEE ATTACHED COVID REGULATIONS ON CAPACITY AND HYGIENE. PLUS REQUIREMENTS FOR ATTENDING A FUNCTION AT THE HALL.
not being a person under 18 years of age, hereby accepts responsibility for being in charge of and on the premises at all times when the public are present and for ensuring that all Conditions of Hire relating to management and supervision of the premises are met.
Hire Charges and Security Deposit:
- A non-returnable fee of 25% shall be payable at the time of booking with the balance due seven days before the event.
- A security deposit of £75 will also be payable for private functions/one-off hirers. This will be refunded within 28 days of the termination of the period of hire provided that no damage or loss has been caused to the premises and/or contents during the period of the hiring as a result of the hiring, and that the hall has been left clean and tidy. In the event of any damage or loss to the premises or contents there will be a deduction in the refund to cover the cost of repairs or replacement.
Refusal of Booking:
ARCA reserves the right to refuse a booking.
- If the Hirer wishes to cancel the booking before the date of the event and ARCA is unable to conclude a replacement booking, the question of the payment or the repayment of the fee shall be at the discretion of the Management Committee.
- ARCA reserves the right to cancel this hiring with notice in which case the Hirer shall be entitled to a refund of any deposit already paid.
Use of Premises and Equipment:
- The Hirer shall not use the premises for any purpose other than that described in the hiring agreement and shall not sub-hire or use the premises or allow the premises to be used for any unlawful purpose or in any unlawful way nor do anything or bring onto the premises anything which may endanger the same or render invalid any insurance policies in respect thereof. We do not permit the use of wax candles or night lights due to possible fire hazard they can cause. If you require to use table centres we request you use battery operated candles or night lights. To eliminate the fire hazard.
- The Hirer shall not allow the consumption of alcohol thereon without the permission of ARCA.
- The Hirer shall not allow any exhibition of lewd behaviour or nakedness.
- The Hirer shall not sell any goods on the premises unless the permission of ARCA has been granted.
- Use of tea/coffee making equipment and cups and saucers is included in the hire charge. If any other kitchen equipment is required arrangements must be made at the time of booking; an additional hire charge may be payable.
- ARCA have a policy of no smoking or vaping.
- Smoking or vaping is forbidden inside all parts of the building, including the toilets.
- Smoking or vaping is allowed outdoors but hirers are asked to ensure that guests use the external ashtrays.
- The Hirer shall, during the period of the hiring, be responsible for supervision of the premises, the fabric and contents; their care, safety from damage however slight, or change of any sort and the behaviour of all persons using the premises whatever their capacity.
- This condition includes proper supervision of car parking arrangements.
- All damage is to be recorded in the Accident/Incident book which is kept permanently in the foyer of the Hall.
- All damage is to be verbally reported to the ARCA Secretary as soon as possible.
Licences and other Legal Permissions
- The Hirer shall be responsible for obtaining any licences or temporary bar licences required in connection with the booking other than those already held by ARCA. Copy of which must be produced when confirming your booking.
- Any music played must be played at acceptable levels at all times and not after 11-30 p.m.
Gaming, Betting and Lotteries:
The Hirer shall ensure that nothing is done on or in relation to the premises in contravention of the laws relating to gaming, betting and lotteries.
- The Hirer shall indemnify ARCA for the cost of repair of any damage done to any part of the property including the curtilage thereof or the contents of the buildings which may occur during the period of the hiring as a result of the hiring.
- The Hirer shall be responsible for making arrangements to insure against any third party claims which may lie against him or her (or the organisation if acting as a representative) whilst using the ARCA hall. (The ARCA Hall is insured against any claims arising out of its own negligence).
- The Hirer shall be responsible for obtaining and holding any insurance required in connection with the booking.
Public Safety Compliance:
The Hirer shall comply with all conditions and regulations made in respect of the premises by the Fire Authority, Local Authority, the local Magistrates’ Court or otherwise, particularly in connection with any event which includes public dancing or music or other similar public entertainment or stage plays.
The Hirer acknowledges that he/she has received instruction in the following matters:
- The action to be taken in event of fire. This includes calling the fire brigade and evacuating the hall
- The location and use of fire equipment and alarm points
- The escape routes and the need to keep them clear
- The method of operating the escape door fastenings
- The appreciation of the importance of any fire doors and of closing all fire doors at the time of a fire
Means of Escape:
All means of exit from the premises must be kept free from obstructions and immediately available for instant free public exit
The emergency exit signs over the two fire exits from the main hall must be switched on during the whole of the time the premises are occupied. and routes must be turned on during the whole of the time the premises are occupied.
Outbreaks of Fire:
The Fire Brigade shall be called to any outbreak of fire, however slight, and details thereof shall be given to the ARCA Secretary
Performances involving danger to the public shall not be given
Explosives and Flammable Substances:
- Highly flammable substances shall not be brought into, or used in any portions of the premises
- No internal decorations of a combustible nature (e.g. polystyrene, cotton wool, etc) shall be erected or used without the consent of the ARCA Management Committee
In advance of any entertainment or play the Hirer shall check the following items:
- That all fire exits are unlocked and panic bolts in good working order
- That all escape routes are free of obstructions and can be safely used
- That any fire doors are not wedged open
- That exit signs are illuminated
- That there are no obvious fire hazards on the premises
Accidents and Dangerous Occurrences:
- The Hirer must report all accidents involving injury to the public to the ARCA Secretary as soon as possible.
- The Hirer must record any such accident in the Accident/Incident book kept permanently in the foyer of the Hall. (In the Leaflet rack by exit door).
- Any failure of equipment must be reported to the secretary as soon as possible.
- Certain types of accident or injury must be reported on a special form to the Local Authority.The ARCA Secretary will give assistance in completing this form. This is in accordance with the Executive Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations 1995.
There shall, in addition to the Hirer, be a number of competent adult attendants on duty to assist people entering the leaving the hall:
- Not less than 2 attendants for up to 100 persons
- Not less than 3/4 attendants for 100-180 persons (1 per door)
- Additional attendants are required if most of the audience is under 16, or if there are many disabled persons present
- All persons on duty shall have been instructed as to their essential responsibilities in the event of fire or other emergencies, including attention to disabled persons, the location and use of the fire fighting equipment available, how to call the Fire Brigade, and the evacuating procedure.
Health and Hygiene:
The Hirer shall, if preparing, serving or selling food, observe all relevant food health and hygiene legislation and regulations.
Electrical Appliance Safety:
- The Hirer shall ensure that any electrical appliances brought by him to the premises and used there shall be safe and in good working order, and used in a safe manner.
Compliance with The Children Act
- Hirers and any other adults working with children and young people are expected to conform to the provisions of the Children Act where applicable.
- No photographs may be taken in children’s groups without the express consent of parents.
The Hirer and guests are asked to respect our neighbours and arrive and leave the premises in a quiet and orderly fashion.
- The Hirer shall ensure that no animals (including birds) except guide or helping dogs are brought into the Hall, other than for a special event agreed by the ARCA Committee.
- No animals whatsoever are to enter the kitchen at any time.
The Hirer shall not carry out or permit fly posting or any other form of authorised advertisements for any event taking place at the Hall, and shall indemnify ARCA accordingly against all action, claims, and proceedings arising from any breach of this condition. Failure to observe this condition may lead to prosecution by the Local Authority.
Sale of Goods
- The Hirer shall, if selling goods on the premises, comply with the Fair Trading laws and any code of practice used in connection with such sales.
- The Hirer shall ensure that the total prices of all goods and services are prominently displayed, as shall be the organiser’s name and address and that any discounts offered are based only on Manufacturers’ Recommended Retail prices.
End of Hire
- At the end of each hiring it is the responsibility of the Hirer to wipe down and stack away tables and chairs, Spray sanitiser and paper towels are placed in prominent positions for this to be done. We ask you to sweep the floor, placing all rubbish in bin bags which should be left in the appropriate place outdoors.
- The Hirer should ensure that there are no smouldering fires, and that all windows and internal doors are closed.
- Capacity Numbers under Covid Regulations
- Main Hall Closely Seated:- 75 Mail Hall seated at tables:- 55Main Hall for dancing:- 55Small Room:- 15
- All Hirers are to give names and contact numbers of persons attending any functions and these lists must be left in the pocket on the white board for our booking secretary to hold for 21days after your event after which time they will be shredded. An official NHS QR code poster is displayed on the main door for all attending to capture on their mobile phones. Should anyone contracting Covid 19 after attending an event this will allow for NHS track & trace to follow up on all of those who attended the event. For those who do not own a mobile devise that can capture the QR Code they will need to enter on contact sheets their names and contact telephone numbers . For those using the QR Code App just their name needs to be on the signing in sheet.
In the event of a fire, the Hall should be evacuated in an orderly manner using the appropriate exits, and the Fire Brigade called by dialling 999.
The exact location of the Telephones, Fire Exits and Fire Extinguishers must be noted before the Hall is occupied and the manner of opening Fire Doors should be known to your guests.
A list of contact numbers is kept by the telephone in the Hall foyer. These are intended for emergency use only.
The driveway leading to the Hall must not be obstructed. The Hall car park will accommodate a good number of cars if they are parked sensibly in the marked bays. Any overflow should be diverted to the overflow car park. They should be parked sideways along each side of the parking area.
The Public Entertainment Licence is to 11.45 p.m. only; this coincides with the end of your period of hire and is the time at which the building should be vacated. . Failure to comply with this will result in the forfeiture of your deposit.
CONSIDERATION FOR OTHERS:
- Please ask your guests to leave quietly at the close of your event.
- Car doors banging and loud talk in the car park are disturbing to local residents.
- Please leave the Hall clean and tidy.
- In particular we ask you to ensure that the tables are wiped clean before being stacked in the cupboard.
Any comment or observation that you may have regarding your hire should be
addressed to the ARCA Management Committee
WE WISH YOU A HAPPY AND SUCCESSFUL FUNCTION
IN CASE OF FIRE
- In the event of fire, the person in charge of the hall or function will instruct all people to leave the building, using the nearest available exits closing all doors behind them.
- A telephone is in the foyer of the hall.
- Dial 999, ask for the Fire Brigade and give this address:
ASHFORD ROAD COMMUNITY ASSOCIATION HALL
151 ASHFORD ROAD
- Tell them that the hall is on the left-hand side of the A28 leading out of Canterbury towards Ashford, just past the corner with Strangers Lane.
- The phone number of the hall is 01227-781745
- Do not re-enter the building to collect personal possessions or for any other reason.
- On arrival of the Fire Brigade the person in charge of the building or function should report to the Officer in Charge informing him/her that all the users are safe or if not, giving their last known position.
- Only attempt to extinguish the fire using the appliances provided, if it is considered safe to do so.
END OF EVENT CHECK LIST
Please let all attendees know at the start of your event where the fire exits are and the point of assembley. Which is the far end of the overspill car park at the end of the drive. Do not move vehicles from the car park until advised to do so by the Fire & Rescue Services as movement of vehicles in the car park could delay their attendance if the drive is blocked:
It would be appreciated if the Hirer, or a representative of the user group, would use this check list at the end of each period of hire:
- Ensure that all taps are turned off
- Search for smouldering fires
- Check that all electrical appliances are turned off and unplugged (except the fridge and freezer)
- Turn off water boiler in the kitchen
- Ensure that the gas tap is turned off in the kitchen
- All furniture and equipment should be returned to their original position
- Close all internal doors
- Turn out all lights
- Secure all outside doors and windows